Why do you need free kindness coloring pages when teaching children empathy and compassion?
Most importantly, coloring is one of the fastest ways to spark authentic conversations about important topics.
This post will walk you through how to teach kindness to kids and provide you with 10 no-cost kindness coloring pages your child or students will love!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Please see my disclosure for more details.
- Why teach kindness to kids?
- What are free kindness coloring pages for kids?
- 10 FREE Printable Kindness Coloring Pages that Kids Will Adore
- The last thing you need to know about our kindness coloring pages
Why teach kindness to kids?
The practice of teaching children about essential social skills such as kindness, responsibility, awareness of self and others, and emotional regulation is known as social-emotional learning.
Research supports a wealth of benefits for children who engage consistently in social-emotional learning, including:
- Improved social skills and relationships
- Increased positive attitude towards self and others
- Better academic achievement
- Fewer conduct problems
How to teach kindness to kids
As a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator, I suggest caregivers and educators:
- Model kindness as a classroom or family value (particularly in moments of anger or frustration!)
- Ask reflection questions when your child observes kindness (e.g., “How did it feel when ______?”)
- Regularly celebrate kindness in a FUN way! (e.g., crafts and coloring pages that can be given to brighten someone’s day)
- Read and discuss children’s books about kindness
What are free kindness coloring pages for kids?
Our no-cost kindness coloring pages come in an instant download PDF format and can easily be printed from home, work, or your local copy center.
Each coloring page is designed to:
- Help spark conversations surrounding kindness
- Introduce terms such as “empathy” and “compassion”
- Enhance social-emotional learning lessons in the classroom
- Be given as gifts for children to experience the power of kindness and brighten someone’s day
Why choose Such a Little While for your social-emotional learning activities?
Here at Such a Little While, we are on a mission to help parents and educators foster healthy social and emotional development in children.
Our kindness coloring sheets are 100% free and designed by a seasoned former Pre-K to 12th-grade professional school counselor.
10 FREE Printable Kindness Coloring Pages that Kids Will Adore
Explore our 10 printable kindness coloring pages that kids will love.
They are perfect for all ages and occasions, including classroom lessons, at-home family fun, or the therapeutic setting.
We will also add you to our email newsletter for occasional social-emotional learning and parenting tips (we hope you’ll stick around; however, you are welcome to unsubscribe anytime!)
“Be Kind” Printable Coloring Page
Empower children to choose kindness and help make the world a better place with our “Be Kind” printable coloring page.
“Bee Kind” Printable Coloring Page
This short, sweet, and adorable “Bee Kind” printable coloring page is a simple reminder that a little kindness goes a long way.
Compassion Coloring Pages
Inspired by the wise words of Dr. Maya Angelou, this compassion coloring page is perfect for sparking deeper discussions with kids about the impact of empathy and kindness.
Free Empathy Coloring Page
This free empathy coloring page reminds kids and adults alike to do their part in spreading kindness. With hands united, we’re all in this together!
Preschool Kindness Coloring Pages
Teaching kindness and compassion are just as essential as teaching preschoolers their ABCs.
Free Coloring Pages Showing Kindness
Kindness is a virtue that adults cannot force upon children. Kids are more likely to open up and discuss important topics when they are having FUN!
So break out a shiny new box of crayons and enjoy our remaining collection of coloring pages showing kindness!
The last thing you need to know about our kindness coloring pages
As a certified positive parenting educator, I would be remiss without bringing up the critical role of discipline in teaching children about kindness.
The most impactful way to instill kindness and empathy in children is to model it, particularly when we experience big feelings (e.g., frustration, anger) as caregivers.
When it comes to a positive approach to discipline, kindness looks like this:
- Validating kids’ emotions (not necessarily their behavior)
- Opting for natural consequences over punishments
- Seeking opportunities to “connect” before “correcting” behavior
- …& much, much more!
Many adults today did not grow up with a positive, authoritative approach to discipline. It takes time, practice, and courage to unlearn the patterns you may have experienced growing up and adopt new methods.
Learn how to instill kindness through a positive approach to discipline!
I invite you to join me in Such a Little While’s FREE 30-day positive parenting challenge.
This no-cost PDF workbook and email course have helped thousands of parents worldwide learn to parent differently than how they grew up. Just one small step a day. You’ve got this!