A-Z List of Coping Skills PDF teaches elementary and middle-school-aged children how to manage big emotions and stressful situations. Kids will enjoy learning and choosing from 26 engaging and practical coping skills that start with each letter of the alphabet.
This instant PDF download file is a single-page worksheet (8.5 x 11 inches) that is perfect for a classroom poster, home setting, or school counseling/social-emotional learning lesson. Kids will build emotional intelligence and resilience by exploring the ABCs of coping skills and identifying what works best for them.
💛 A-Z LIST OF COPING SKILLS PDF INCLUDES 26 KID-FRIENDLY STRESS MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES, SUCH AS:
- Affirmations: Say out loud, “I am capable,” “I am brave,” or “I am kind.”
- Belly breathing: Take slow, deep breaths and fill your belly with air before exhaling.
- Coloring: Grab a favorite coloring book or create an original masterpiece.
- Daydream about a favorite memory or a future goal.
- Express emotions: Identify how you are feeling and talk it over with a trusted adult.
- Zip it: Avoid talking about/trying to solve a problem in “the heat of the moment.” Take your time, calm down, and reflect.
- & many more!
Take comfort in knowing that this resource was thoughtfully developed by a certified positive parenting educator, former counselor, and fellow parent of two young children. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about how this resource will best support you!
Visit our blog to learn more tips to support children’s social-emotional development!
💛 We think you’ll also love our: Calm Down Corner Essentials Kit
- For personal, non-commercial, non-transferrable, informational, and educational use only. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to share, modify, sell, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, enhance or in any exploit our products. You cannot sell or redistribute any of our products, whether free or paid ones, without our express written consent.
- All of our activities require close adult supervision. Please use good judgment based on children’s ages and developmental needs. Small parts not for children under age 3.
- IMPORTANT (PLEASE READ!): This is a digital download item to print yourself! After checkout, you will have access to the instant download PDF file. No physical product is included.
Note: This resource is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Positive Discipline Association.