Instant PDF download of printable calm down corner essentials kit designed for caregivers and professionals with existing knowledge on how to execute an effective calming space for kids. To access these printables and learn *HOW* to create an effective space, please visit Such a Little While’s CALM Collection (ultimate calming corner kit!).
Printable calm down corner essentials kit includes 6 social & emotional learning tools. : 2 sets of printable feelings cards for identifying emotions, 2 feelings posters, calm down strategy cards, and a coping skills choices poster.
Feelings cards and posters include both clip art images as well as “real faces” options. Ideal for preschool-aged children, elementary students, homeschool, Autism/special education classrooms, and in therapeutic settings.
(Tip: Allow children to *choose* their own calm down tools for a more effective space!)
Calm Down Corner Classroom Kit Includes the Following Printable PDFs (Instant Download):
– Calming Strategies Poster (2 size options, 18×24 inches and 8.5×11 inches)
– Calming Strategies Printable Cards (12 coping skill cards, each 3.5×4.5 inches)
– Calm Down Corner Feelings Poster with clipart images (2 size options, 18×24 inches and 8.5×11 inches)
– Printable Feelings Cards with clipart images (10 emotions cards, each 3.5×4.5 inches)
– Feelings Poster for Identifying Emotions with real faces (8.5 x 11 inches)
– Feelings Cards for Identifying Emotions with real faces (12 emotions cards, each 3.5×4.5 inches)
Calm Down Corner Printables Include the Following Emotions:
– Frustrated (real faces poster + cards only)
– Bored (real faces poster + cards only)
Calm Down Corner Printables Include the Following Calming Strategies:
– Happy Thoughts
– Drink Water
– Stress Ball
– Play Dough
– Get a Hug
Tips for Caregivers & Professionals:
– Introduce social & emotional learning tools first when kids are calm. Then, use them in a designated calm-down corner or space.
– I’ve purposefully included both “clipart” and “real face” feelings cards and posters in this kit to allow for your child(ren) to exercise choice within their calm down corner. Allowing kids to have ownership over the space is essential for buy-in and collaborative problem-solving!
– Several of the calm down strategies include basic kids’ items, most of which you likely have in your classroom or office: Drawing/coloring tools, paper, play dough, books, stress ball, music, and stuffed animals. Remember to gather and store these items in your calm down corner ahead of time!