What are Mindfulness Scripts for Kids?
Do you want to foster more moments of peace and calm with your child during the day? Are you tired of saying things like “calm down” or “take deep breaths” with no results?! Would your child benefit from learning new coping strategies and self-regulation skills?
Mindfulness scripts for kids can be a total game-changer in your home! If you’re on board with the idea of mindfulness but are unsure of how to get started, I specifically created this exercise kit to hold your hand with everything from A to Z. All you have to do is READ aloud the scripts verbatim with your child and offer a supportive presence! 🙂
Mindfulness scripts are not only an excellent tool in calm down corners or time-in settings, but can be utilized at any point during the day!
I spent nearly a decade as a professional school counselor teaching mindfulness firsthand with children ages 3 to 23. I fully embrace that every child is unique. Not everyone can sit still for a super long exercise and that is okay.
That’s why this “Turning Lemons into Lemonade” mindfulness kit has 3 different script lengths: 2-minutes, 5-minutes, and 8 minutes to best cater to your child as they grow and mature.
- Instant PDF download
- A 1-2 minute “Introduction to Mindfulness” script (how to explain this whole mindfulness thing in a simple way kids understand!)
- 3 “Turning Lemons into Lemonade” mindfulness script options for kids ages 3-12
- 7 debriefing questions to foster self-awareness following the exercise.
- BONUS: Lemonade coloring page activity (P.S., another great coping skill for your child!)
What Mindfulness Techniques are Utilized?
- Deep breathing (“balloon breathing”)
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Guided imagery
- Sensory awareness
Tip: I recommend pairing this mindfulness script with my visual emotions cards.
Looking to set up an at-home cool-down area? Learn more in my Time-In Response Plan.