This 11-page Parenting Styles PDF workbook (with quiz!) is designed to help parents and parenting educators, coaches, and family therapists explore the four main types of parenting styles: Authoritarian, Permissive, Authoritative/Positive, and Uninvolved/Neglectful.
This 11-page printable resource (instant download) includes 9 activities to teach and explore the 4 theories of parenting styles, with a focus on encouraging parents to adopt a more authoritative, positive approach to discipline.
💛 You’ll Receive:
- Parenting styles overview handout with an easy-to-understand chart of 4 main parenting styles
- Parenting styles overview handout
- Authoritative/positive parenting Venn diagram visual with examples
- Identifying parenting styles exercise (with examples)
- Parenting styles examples brainstorm activity (with fillable PDF forms)
- Parenting styles quiz (helps parents identify potential authoritarian vs. permissive tendencies)
- Positive parenting strengths self-assessment
- BONUS: Positive parenting goal-setting worksheet (with fillable PDF forms)
- BONUS: Positive parenting inspiration handout with motivational quotes
Take comfort in knowing that this resource was thoughtfully developed by a certified positive parenting educator, former counselor, and fellow parent of two young children. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about how this resource will best support you and the parents you serve!
💛 We think you’ll also love our: Time-In Response Plan (Digital Guide)
– For personal, non-commercial, non-transferrable, informational, and educational use only. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to share, modify, sell, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, enhance or in any exploit our products. You cannot sell or redistribute any of our products, whether free or paid ones, without our express written consent.
– All of our activities require close adult supervision. Please use good judgment based on children’s ages and developmental needs. Small parts not for children under age 3.
– IMPORTANT (PLEASE READ!): This is a digital download item to print yourself! After checkout, you will have access to the instant download PDF file. No physical product is included.
Note: This resource is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Positive Discipline Association.